cons-discuss

Separate obj tree

From: Kolarik, Tony
Subject: Separate obj tree
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:40:09 -0400

Has anyone created a build with a Link() like capability that creates a
duplicate "source" tree without the sources, just the objects?

On NT all the files get physically copied to the Linked tree.  I know disk
space is cheap, but I'm curious how feasible a separate object tree would
be.  Off the top of my head I can't think of a compelling reason why the
sources need to be Linked, even on a system with real file links.
 -- Tony K.