cons-discuss

Re: Message Passing and Object-oriented Persistence... via Cons!

From: Greg Spencer
Subject: Re: Message Passing and Object-oriented Persistence... via Cons!
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:43:22 -0600

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the difference between what you're
talking about (in terms of communication between processes) and just calling
'fork' to duplicate the environment and execute the DataDumper (or whatever
you would otherwise execute)?

IOW, I only see one-time, one-way communication here.

And, no, that's not the intended use of Cons :-)

            -Greg.