cons-discuss

CVS v1.124 fixed another problem too

From: Alex Jacques
Subject: CVS v1.124 fixed another problem too
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:43:21 -0500

In addition to fixing the problems listed in the CVS log, v1.124 fixed
another problem I was having. Previously I was unable to put the build
tree in a location where you would get spaces in an absolute file spec
(pity me, I'm being forced to use Kluge2k). In other words, if a build
tree was located under your "home" directory on Windows (eg under
"C:\Documents and Settings\ajacques\My Documents") then cons would have
a problem, even though there was no whitespace in the file names of the
build tree itself. Since v1.124 uses relative rather than absolute file
specs this is not a problem. Please bear this in mind for future mods so
we don't lose this feature. It's greatly helping me get cons accepted
around here as a make alternative.

P.S. The problem that v1.124 was intended to (and does) fix makes the
2nd time in the last week or so that I was about to submit a bug report,
only to find that the problem was already fixed in the latest CVS
release. Thanks!