cons-discuss

RE: Help needed in Debugging dependencies

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: RE: Help needed in Debugging dependencies
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:54:28 -0500

Are you putting the libs directly on the link line somehow, or using
$env->{LIBS}?  You must use $env->{LIBS} if you want cons to add them to
your dependencies.  And the lib names in LIBS must be space-separated names
in the Unix "-lname" format, if you want cons to find them in LIBPATH and
add them to the dependencies.  (And of course LIBPATH must include the
proper dirs so cons can find the lib.)

If you need more help, send a Construct/Conscript that repro's the problem.

Gary Oberbrunner                address@hidden
GenArts, Inc.                   Tel: 617-492-2888
8 Clinton Street                Fax: 617-492-2852
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA         http://web.genarts.com