cons-discuss

Cons bug on Windows

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: Cons bug on Windows
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:11:58 -0700

Gentlemen,

When we run build from Visual Studio we often encouner the situation when
cons does not recompile after a small change in a file. We change one char,
save the file (timestamp
does change) but cons tells everything is upto date. If we make the same
change
using notepad, then cons recompiles the file.

We just had a night build fail because of this problem.

I am using cons revision 1.122 with Greg's extensions for Windows.

Does anyone have a clue to this bug?

Steven Knight wrote on June 10:

> ConsExtensions.pm relies on some additional patches, which we're getting
> closer to supporting in Cons directly...

Does anyone have a recent version of cons with these patches so that I could
use
the latest cons features to trace the problem?

Thank you, Zach.