cons-discuss

Re: patch for static linking

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: patch for static linking
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:28:25 -0500 (CDT)

> Cons already has its default environment seeded with unix-specific
> (maybe gnu-specific) values, so for now I think it's acceptable
> to use gnu-tool default values for these environment variables.

Rajesh took 2.3.0 a pretty good step in the direction of making things
less UNIX-specific.  There is now a DefaultRules() method that lets
you specify the default variables.  And there are now two sets of
"default" construction variables (one each for the Gnu and Microsoft
tool chains) and a RuleSet() command that lets you select one of these
sets variables.  So you can say something like:

        DefaultRules(RuleSet('unix'))

If you're using the Cygnus tool chain on Windows NT.

It's not full modularity, by a long shot, but it's another step.

        --SK