cons-discuss

Examples anyone?

From: Dennis Ward
Subject: Examples anyone?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:49:58 -0400

Help anyone?

I'm trying to evaluate alternatives to my companies current build system
which has multiple UNIX platforms, and multiple targets.  On first glance,
it looks like cons is the way to go, but I have had trouble building a
simple library and redirecting the object files to a particular directory.
Our library structure is set up as follows:

    backbone/src                <= directory where source exists
    backbone/IRIX       <= directory where SGI object files go (created
on-demand)
    ../Lib/IRIX         <= directory where SGI libs go (created on-demand).

Pretty simple, eh?  The thing is, I've been having trouble with these
directories.  I think this is a fairly common thing, and it is a pain to
solve with gmake since these directories don't exist until the build starts
for a particular platform, and therefore the Makefile must be fairly
complicated.

What I'm looking for is more examples of Construct and Conscript files which
might demonstrate how this type of thing is done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dennis

Dennis Ward
Altair Engineering