cons-discuss

RE: Where can I get the lastest version of pcons?

From: Greg Spencer
Subject: RE: Where can I get the lastest version of pcons?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:55:03 -0700

I agree, but it would definitely have to off by default on Win32.  The
VC++ Win32 compiler is worthless in an SMP environment, because it does
all kinds of exclusive file locking (exclusive read-only locking? Who's
idea was that?), and it has problems clobbering its own temp files too,
when multiple compilers are running simultaneously.  I'd love to have
parallel builds, but VC++ just isn't built for it.

                                -Greg.