cons-discuss

RE: Some questions for Cons

From: Nadim Khemir
Subject: RE: Some questions for Cons
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:11:26 +0100

Hi all,

Then be please because I will help.

> Comments, snippets, examples from your daily work would be most
> welcome. I also discovered that the testsuite is a good source
> for such things. I'll check the list again for such things, some are out
> there.

I have an example that contains :

- help
- exports between construct and conscript
- Install
- multiple commands for the buil (displays build commands in color, but I
plan to lint after compilation)
- Link
- repository
- pruning

It's more or less a digest of the documentation.

Still it's only a few lines and I think it very easy to get into it,
specially if some comments are added :-).

I mailed the example to someone on the list that had all the problems in the
world getting started. That person could let me know if the example helped
and was clear enough.

Missing from the example are :
- Constructing constructs (I send a mail 2 weeks ago but no one bothered
answering) that I think is quite important

- Constructing things that are not C, C++ (flex, bison ...)

We had some correpondance about handling extension for construct and
conscript files. My construct files have extensions, that's great when I
want to edit them (right editor in right mode) but typing -f
Construct.construct is a real pain.

Note that I have changed my mind about what extension to use (because I
think the new extension is better) I use .construct for construct files and
.conscripts for conscript files.

Nadim.