cons-discuss

RE: Install method

From: Perochon Sebastien
Subject: RE: Install method
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:34:19 +0100

> Have you tried using the Library method instead of "Module"?

The Library method is using "ar" and "ranlib" to create the library file.
The makefile I'm trying to convert in Cons was just using "ld" to create the
'.a' file.
Since I don't know (yet ;-)) the differences between those binaries, I
didn't use the Library method.
Anyway, I'll see if using 'ar' and 'ranlib' rather than 'ld' is annoying or
not later.
So considering that I'm now using only the Library method (following your
advices), I'm facing a new problem:

Install $env 'c:/', 'mylib.a';

This doesn't work (=doesn't copy) the 'mylib.a' file to the destination
directory if that directory is not in the tree starting from the value of
'#'.
For example:

If the value of '#' is 'c:\rep1\rep2' then it doesn't work if I specified
for example 'c:\rep3' as destination directory. But it is working if I just
specified 'librep'.

It will copy my file in 'c:\rep1\rep2\librep'.

Is there a solution ? (I'm using the last version of cons).

Anyway, thanks for your support !