cons-discuss

Re: Debian package and development of CONS

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: Debian package and development of CONS
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:33:16 +0200 (METDST)

"H. S. Teoh" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd say an initial effort ought to be closer to the Python interface than
> the existing Cons interface. There are some ugly aspects of the current
> Cons interface which I'd rather not spend the time re-creating on the
> SCons engine. We can of course revisit it after we have a working Perl
> wrapper for SCons, and add compatibility interfaces so that migration to
> SCons is easier; but I think any initial effort should be targeted at
> making the SCons interface available in Perl rather than reproducing the
> current Cons interface.

While I more or less agree with your point, let's not forget that a
lot of cons scripts already exists.

So if we have to steer cons interface in a new direction, we must keep
a backward compatibility. If it's not possible a migration path must
be found on a case by case basis.

Cheers

--
address@hidden