cons-discuss

RE: #include's and Quoting

From: Steve Jones
Subject: RE: #include's and Quoting
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:27:00 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dmitry Sagalovskiy [mailto:address@hidden
> Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:52 PM

<ot-parenthetical>
Um, sorry for the outlookisms. Not my first choice in MUAs,
but I'm unfortunately corporately compelled to use it; for now...
I certainly welcome any tips on rendering it, um, less outlooklike.
(offlist, of course. :^)
</ot-parenthetical>

> I believe if you use repositories but whenever you have a
> local copy of
> files, you have local copies of whole directories, then
> quoted #includes
> will work, because both the compiler and cons will see the same files.
> In other words, problems should only arise if files that are
> included with
> #include "..." aren't in the directory where you are
> building, but only in
> a repository directory. If you take advantage of the
> repository feature on
> a directory-by-directory basis, then I don't think quoted
> includes will
> give you problems.
>
> I may be wrong, but that's how I explain the fact that we use
> cons with
> repositories and #include "..." headers, and everything works fine.

OK, if this is the case then there's a glimmer of hope. Frankly, everything
else I've seen of it shines in terms of cleanness and sensibility.

Concerning the scons suggestions, I'm much to much of a biggoted
Perl-supremist
to even give it a second thought. :^0 In fact, cons' perl basis was my
inital
attaction. I suppose I'm too religious for my own good. :^)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I won't give up just yet.

steve

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies
of the original message.