construo-devel

[Construo-devel] difficulty compiling construo from CVS

From: michael shiloh
Subject: [Construo-devel] difficulty compiling construo from CVS
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 17:01:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm new to this list and construo, but I'm very anxious to play
with it as it looks so very cool.

I know this is not exactly a development issue but if any of you
could help me I would be very grateful.

All the download links, both source and binary, seem to be broken,
yielding:

  Not Found
  The requested URL /download/construo/construo.pkg/0.0.2/
    construo-0.0.2-binary-i386.tar.gz was not found on this server.
  Apache/1.3.26 Server at savannah.nongnu.org Port 80

So I checked out the cvs tree, but I'm having trouble building there.
I get this:

  bash-2.05b$ pwd
  /home/michael/construo

  bash-2.05b$ autoconf
  configure.ac:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
  configure.ac:23: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
  configure.ac:76: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE_DIR
  configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST

  bash-2.05b$ ./configure
  configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael