[coreutils] Coreutils Solaris extensions

From: John Sonnenschein
Subject: [coreutils] Coreutils Solaris extensions
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:19:08 -0700

We are considering extending some of the utilities in GNU Coreutils to provide support for some of the newer Solaris features. We would like to discuss if you'd consider accepting these additions upstream. If that is possible, we'd like to get your guidance on about how best to achieve that goal.

As an example, we could add NFSv4 ACL support to Coreutils which would benefit all platforms that support NFSv4 or ZFS (eg, FreeBSD), not just Solaris.

Thanks

-JohnS