Re: [coreutils] cp/reflink-perm fails on btrfs (and probably on ocfs2, t

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: [coreutils] cp/reflink-perm fails on btrfs (and probably on ocfs2, too)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:04:03 +0100

Actually I remember now why we didn't want --reflink
mutually exclusive with other options.
It's so it can be used as configuration to change
the data copy method employed. I.E. it operates
on much the same level as --sparse in that the
results are mostly transparent to the user.
I.E. cp could be aliased like this to minimize
the amount of space that cp uses:

alias cp='cp --reflink=auto --sparse=always'

So therefore I've changed the patch as per the attached.
I'll apply in a few hours.