mv * command

From: Susanto Wijaya
Subject: mv * command
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:21:57 +0800

Hello Everyone,

A very good day to you

May I ask question about mv * command?

The question is when I use mv filename command using normal user login, the result is all files and directory will lost except might be 1 folder

If I use mv * command using root user in root directory "/", the result is all files and directory in / root directory will gone.

Is all directory and files move to /dev/null ?

Now all my files in home directory is lost after run the mv * command

Your answer is really appreciated

Regards,

Susanto