Re: [Platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8

From: Markus Duft
Subject: Re: [Platform-testers] new snapshot available: coreutils-8.12.193-d8dc8
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:38:41 +0200

On 09/06/11 18:22, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Here's another pre-release snapshot.

Hey!

I still have the two patches i submitted for the last snapshot too (attached
again). any chance that some of the things go in? also attached is a current
test-suite log.

and to quote my last mail:

<quote>
one thing i saw is, that "df /" doesn't work, possibly because on interix "/"
is not in the list of mounted filesystems? only /dev/fs/C is there, and df will
fail on any path not starting with this.

also, one more thing i saw from the gentoo ebuilds: we're adding those to
CFLAGS for building, as otherwise "id" will be dead slow on domain-controlled
windows machines:
 -Dgetgrgid=getgrgid_nomembers -Dgetgrent=getgrent_nomembers
-Dgetgrnam=getgrnam_nomembers

is there a sane way to get those into the coreutils configure/source?
</quote>

btw, i realized you sent the mail to "address@hidden"@gnu.org, a typo? :) i'm
sending to address@hidden instead, but i'm not subscribed, so no idea whether
this mail gets through.