coreutils-8.13.29-43a9 on Cygwin

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: coreutils-8.13.29-43a9 on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 18:32:35 +0200

On Cygwin 1.7.9:
"make" works. Tests:

* misc/cat-buf hangs. I had to kill the subordinate 'cat' process
  several times. After I killed the test, the gt-cat-buf.ghRp directory
  contained a file 'fifo' which looks like a pipe. But I'm not sure to
  which extent Cygwin FIFOs emulate Unix FIFOs. On the file system I
  see a 130 byte fifo.lnk file.
  In any case, I think it would be better to skip this test on Cygwin.

Many test failures...

In memoriam Engin Ceber <>