using dd to prepare a file to be written to memory blocks(remove padding

From: Justin Mattock
Subject: using dd to prepare a file to be written to memory blocks(remove padding)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:08:11 -0700

im not on the list so please cc's me, and if this is the wrong list
for this question then let me know so I may find the right one
to find info.

what are the tools to _prepare_ a file to be uploaded to memory(right
now im using dd)? is there a way to not pad a file? or keep the size
of the file without adding any padding to it so the size stays where
it needs to be, but the info inside is aligned from start to finish
without zero?

bassically what im looking at:
fixed block(partition) = 9,504kb
file that needs to be uploaded to partition = 9,216
file padding = 288kb (how to remove this in the end of the file?)

is there a program that is capable of stretching the file(9,216) so it
fits the partition of 9,504 or am I totally doing things wrong?

cheers,

--
Justin P. Mattock