Re: Problem the TEE command

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Problem the TEE command
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:27:54 -0600

On 10/10/2012 11:59 AM, Brad Norling wrote:
> I'm running the gnu tee command under windows 7.  It doesn't appear to work.
>
> For example,  from the cmd screen, I type: [dir | tee "out.txt"],  the output
> appears in the standard output (screen), but 'out.txt' is not created.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

The tee from cygwin works for me on my Windows box (where tee --version
reports 8.15).  You didn't mention where you got your build of tee, or
what version it is, but this may be a porting problem where you are
better off complaining to the person that pre-built the binary you are
using than here, because we are unable to do anything about a bad port
on this upstream list.  If you aren't already using cygwin, might I
suggest that as a reasonable port of GNU tools to Windows (see cygwin.com).

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266