Adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands

From: Lokesh Walase
Subject: Adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 09:00:53 +0530

Hello all,

I am interested in adding "progress bar" feature to "cp" and "mv" commands.
For this I downloaded the latest source code GNU-coreutils-8.21.

I have fair knowledge of "C" and can understand the code.

However the code is too big and I m right now confused as to what to do or where to start from, or what should I read and which part of code I should focus.

Is this too ambitious to start with ?

Kindly guide me.