How do you generate test.1 man page in 8.21?

From: John E. Malmberg
Subject: How do you generate test.1 man page in 8.21?
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 07:47:10 -0500

Hello,

I have built coreutils 8.21 on VMS and ran into an issue with generating the man page file test.1.

The test utility does not accept either the --help or --version option that help2man expects.

I can not find the specific text for the help for the test utility anywhere in the 8.21 distribution as an alternate way of generating it.

As the VMS build of coreutils can not expect coreutils or an existing GNU/UNIX tool chain to exist, I have had to build my own build scripts using native VMS tools, and the one part I have not been able to figure out how to duplicate is building the test.1 file.

Regards,
-John