Re: Please, use --check=crc32 or switch to a safe format

From: Matias A. Fonzo
Subject: Re: Please, use --check=crc32 or switch to a safe format
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:15:00 -0300

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 23:50:40 +0000
Ariel Santana Naranjo <address@hidden> wrote:

> >  - xz uncompressed data is checksummed with crc64 by default
> >

> But this is exactly the problem, that Busybox does not understand
> crc64.

nor the Linux kernel[1]:

"Notes on compression options

Since the XZ Embedded supports only streams with no integrity
check or CRC32, make sure that you don't use some other integrity check
type when encoding files that are supposed to be decoded by the kernel.
With liblzma, you need to use either LZMA_CHECK_NONE or
LZMA_CHECK_CRC32 when encoding. With the xz command line tool, use
--check=none or --check=crc32."

[1] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/Documentation/xz.txt