Re: Enhancements request – Accuracy, Documentation, Conventions, Basic u

From: Eduardo Bustamante
Subject: Re: Enhancements request – Accuracy, Documentation, Conventions, Basic units of measure
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 12:40:43 -0500

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Michael Stone <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 10:07:49AM +0200, Ricky Tigg wrote:
[...]
> It would be sad if the current (excellent) df heuristics were changed to add
> additional digits which would take up screen space with no benefit.

I agree with Michael.

>> Furthermore readability of expressions displayed in such formats are not
>> equal; model '0 %' is superior to '0%'.

huh? Superior according to who? In what context?

It my opinion is that the latter is "superior" in the context of df's
reporting. I prefer the terse format because it uses less screen
space, and if for some reason I need to change the format, I can
process it with sed or awk to adjust.