cp: --reflink=never

From: Adam Borowski
Subject: cp: --reflink=never
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 02:50:38 +0200

Hi!
I see requests for cp --reflink=auto as the default happening a lot on the
mailing list.  But, assuming there is a reason to ever want a heavy-weight
copy[1], people might want to disable reflinking.  This applies regardless
of what's the default: aliases or wrappers can be used for personal
preferences.

Thus, if there's alias cp='cp --reflink=auto', there's no obvious way to
skip it.

Here's a patch that implements --reflink=never, useful to override an
earlier argument.

Meow!

[1]. As a btrfs mailing list regular and occassional kernel/-progs
contributor, I can't even think of any; nocow files are already handled.
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ There's an easy way to tell toy operating systems from real ones.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ Just look at how their shipped fonts display U+1F52B, this makes