Re: coreutils for Windows10

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: coreutils for Windows10
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 14:45:07 -0600

On 12/5/18 11:00 AM, Philip Hsueh wrote:
Hi,
    Can somebody tell me if GNU utility runs on Windows10? If so, can you
please direct me to the manuals and downloads?

Yes. There are several ports of GNU utilities to Windows. My favorite is the Cygwin project: https://cygwin.com/, although these days, it's also becoming popular to use Microsoft's WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). Other projects also exist, but tend to lag on how up-to-date their ports are. As for specific documentation and usage advice, you're best off contacting the community that created the port you decide on, rather than here (problems encountered may be specific to the port, in which case we can't help you with those problems here).

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266