crack-attack-devel

Re: [crack-attack-devel] sounds

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: Re: [crack-attack-devel] sounds
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 02:19:14 -0400

fredg wrote:
Hi,

I'm the Zenwalk Linux packager of Crack-attack.
I know that sounds are in CVS but as many users asked me, when a stable
release with sounds will be out ?
Or, how can i add it to the 1.1.14 version ?

Right now I'm in finals week. I expect a release out by the end of May. I'll post more about it to the list as development picks up to finalize the release.

If you want to help, the reason that a release hasn't happened yet is because we're moving to a new ENet back-end. This is the ENet branch of CVS, which will become the main development branch.

We currently don't have a Windows build environment, and we'd like to do a simultaneous release since we'll be breaking backwards compatibility.

Also, I believe that 1.1.13 actually has support for adding sounds, we just didn't document it. Correct me if I'm wrong Webb.

Another possible way to help get it out faster would be to implement a compatibility mode for 1.1.14 that will allow it to use the older protocol. This hasn't been focused on with development because, so far, people have expected that each new version would be incompatible with the previous. Moving to ENet is a way for us to prevent this in the future.

I would love any comments.

Andrew Sayman