criawips-devel

Re: [devel] Info about criawips

From: Jody Goldberg
Subject: Re: [devel] Info about criawips
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:27:06 -0400

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:54:38PM +0200, Lionel Dricot (aka Ploum) wrote:

> But, is the project still active ?
I believe so.

> What is Goffice ?
It is a collection of document centric utilities from gnumeric.
There is also a charting library in there.

> Is there any plan to have any abiword-gnumeric-criawips
> integration in the long term ?
Yes.  My hope is that now that libgoffice has been released it can
serve as a place to push our common platform neutral code.

> Do you plan to use the new OpenOffice format ? (it would be really
> cool to use it by default)
It depends what you mean by 'use'.
- Will it be the primary file format ?  Unknown.
- Will it supported ? Probably.

There has been some work on a power point importer in the 'present'
module.  We'll have to see how criawps and that can integrate over
time.