cuadrantes-espiral

[Cuadrantes-espiral] Re: could we have a chat?

From: Quim Gil
Subject: [Cuadrantes-espiral] Re: could we have a chat?
Date: 20 Dec 2002 13:43:25 +0100

Saul...

I forwarded that message to OpenMute-work mailing list (aka Simon,
Pauline, Tony, Ian and me) because I considered (due to the lack of
communication you mention) that Chinatown was a box that at some point
would join the OpenMute spectrum. In the context of OpenMute we were
talking about "a box with several administrators in which OpenMute
itself wouldn't have any responsibility".

I forwarded it linked to the question of espiral looking for a new place
because of the bandwith problem and because we (espiral) had already
created a problem and didn't want to create more, but have our own box.

I forwarded also because OpenMute and specially myself are partidaries
of openness of informaton and discussion. That is, because I thought
that problems could be solved sooner and better by doing so. Not because
I wanted to put you in evidence or disappoint you even more.

I didn't answer that email because I'm not technician and I ignore what
really happened, and also because I'm really busy these pre-Xmas days. I
guess Javier is also busy, he use to answer this type of requests quite
soon, I know he has exams these days (he's a young student, cool nerd).
We haven't exanged any emails in the last week ourselves, and we have
some tasks going on between us. Sorry for the silence, it came in a bad
moment.

I also like to meet voices and faces. I'm flying to London on Jan 13th
and I'll be there until the 19th. I feel like owing you (at least!) a
couple of pints in East London.  :)

I feel like thos 100 euros I gave to Simon have been invested in a very
interesting project, so please accept that contribution. Gosh, we love
all your wireless stuff and we are following all the wireless thing from
espiral!!! If you keep trying to give me the money back I may appeal my
Mediterranean background remembering you that having that money in my
pocket again would be an offence and an insult (to me and all my family,
following the ol' tradition).  :))

So, again: please accept our excuses for the mess. It's not a nice
sentence, it's a true feeling.

Quim
(forwarded to the appropriate people, as you requested)