dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: dazuko gentoo package

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: dazuko gentoo package
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:58:53 +0200

Avramenko Andrew wrote:
> Now I am maintain the rpm-packet of dazuko for Sisyphus - ALT Linux
> repository of packages (http://www.altlinux.com). I don't include
> userland libraries. Is it really necessary? I use it on the local
> computer without it and there are no problems. I think it can be
> include in any other packets such as dazuko-devel or anything else.

I could see Dazuko being broken up into 3 different packages:

1. device driver (this is just the kernel module)

2. user library (this is just libdazuko.so)

3. develment (this would be libdazuko.a and header files)

Package #2 would be useful for applications that want to dynamically link to
the user library.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer