dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] insmod error

From: Casey K
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] insmod error
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:19:05 -0500

Yes, the problem was infact that it was configuring off of the wrong
version kernel.  Thank you very much for your help.

Dr Obvious

On 11/30/06, John Ogness <address@hidden> wrote:
Casey K wrote:
> From /var/log/messages:
> Nov 29 16:21:55 Fozzy kernel: [17181466.680000] dazuko: disagrees
> about version of symbol struct_module

Hi,

I googled around for this error message and found quite a few topics.
This error message seems to occur if your running kernel does not match
your kernel sources or your running kernel configuration does not match
how your kernel source is configured.

From your configure output I noticed something:

> $ ./configure
> checking host system type... Linux
> checking for make utility... ok (make)
> checking for C compiler... ok (cc)
> kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.15-26-386/source... no
> kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.15-26-386/build... no
> kernel build source in /usr/src/linux... yes
> kernel source in /usr/src/linux... yes

The configure script did not find your kernel sources in the typical
directories. Instead, it defaulted to "/usr/src/linux" which may or may
not be the correct source for your running kernel.

If you know the correct location of the source code for your running
kernel, you can specify it with:

$ ./configure --kernelsrcdir=/path/to/src

If /usr/src/linux is the correct path, then you may simply need to make
sure it is configured to match the running kernel. You may be able to do
this with:

# cd /usr/src/linux
# mv .config .config.backup
# zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
# make menuconfig  (and then exit, saving changes)
[ instead of "make menuconfig" you could also do "make oldconfig" ]
# make clean

and then try to configure/build Dazuko again.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer