ddd

Cannot compile ddd-3.2.1

From: Carsten
Subject: Cannot compile ddd-3.2.1
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:36:27 +0100

Hello,

I ran into problems trying to compile ddd-3.2.1 on my system.
The error I get is

c++  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -W -Wall -trigraphs  -c -I. -I. -I./..
-isystem /usr/X11R6/include -o VSLRead.o VSLRead.C
In file included from VSLRead.C:112:
/usr/share/bison.simple:302: unterminated `#else' conditional
make[1]: *** [VSLRead.o] Error 1

My system is:
SuSE-7.0 on i386
gcc 2.95.2
bison 1.25

It seems that vsl-gramma.C is missing a #endif at its end. But when I add it
by hand, I get lots of parse errors.
The end of vsl-gramma.C is

#ifdef vsloverflow
      /* Each stack pointer address is followed by the size of
         the data in use in that stack, in bytes.  */
#ifdef YYLSP_NEEDED
      /* This used to be a conditional around just the two extra args,
         but that might be undefined if vsloverflow is a macro.  */
      vsloverflow("parser stack overflow",
                 &vslss1, size * sizeof (*vslssp),
                 &vslvs1, size * sizeof (*vslvsp),
                 &vslls1, size * sizeof (*vsllsp),
                 &vslstacksize);
#else
      vsloverflow("parser stack overflow",
                 &vslss1, size * sizeof (*vslssp),
                 &vslvs1, size * sizeof (*vslvsp),
                 &vslstacksize);
#endif

      vslss = vslss1; vslvs = vslvs1;
#ifdef YYLSP_NEEDED
      vslls = vslls1;
#endif
#else /* no vsloverflow */
      /* Extend the stack our own way.  */
      if (vslstacksize >= YYMAXDEPTH)
        {
          vslerror("parser stack overflow");
          return 2;
        }
      vslstacksize *= 2;
      if (vslstacksize > YYMAXDEPTH)
        vslstacksize = YYMAXDEPTH;
      vslss = (short *) alloca (vslstacksize * sizeof (*vslssp));
      __vsl_memcpy ((char *)vslss, (char *)vslss1, size * sizeof (*vslssp));

So, at this point, the #else statement is not closed. Can you help me ?
Thanks
Carsten