ddd

Re: Source View Bug

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Source View Bug
Date: 10 Jan 2001 11:01:15 +0100

Hi!

Kevin Holbrook <address@hidden> writes:

> In versions 3.2.93 and 3.2.92 when gdb stops at a breakpoint the source view
> is not updated to show the correct current source file.
> This was working in prior versions.
>
> My app is in C++ using shared libraries and threads. I'm using
> a snapshot build of gdb 5, one of the few that works. ;-)
>
> What I do is set a breakpoint on main then start execution.
> After the program starts up and loads all libraries and stops at main,
> I then set a breakpoint in one of my shared libraries and continue execution.
> When the breakpoint is reached the source view remains on the file containing
> the first breakpoint at "main". Using "step" or "next" will then cause the
> source
> view to show the correct source.
>
> We were hoping to ship a working snapshot of DDD 3.3 on our product CD for our
> CodeWarrior for Linux.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes.  Breakpoint parsing was changed in DDD 3.2.90 and later, and it
could be that this has introduced a new bug.

To fix this, I need a `~/.ddd/log' file that illustrates the problem.
(Just do what you describe above and send me the resulting
`~/.ddd/log' file.)  Make it quick; I want to release DDD 3.3 within
the next two weeks.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--