ddd

souce code lines not wrapping correctly in DDD on Linux

From: Shawn Worsencroft
Subject: souce code lines not wrapping correctly in DDD on Linux
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:55:38 -0500

I use DDD on Linux and Solaris, but have had a problem
with the way source code is displayed in the Linux version
of DDD.  The problem only exists on lines that are too long
to be displayed on one line in DDD.

It makes the source appear to be broken up, and is difficult
to follow when debugging.  At first I thought that the lines
were truncated, but then found that they are being wrapped
at the far end of the line; the only problem is that the characters
all appear in the first column of the following lines, and can
only be seen when selecting the text.  So if the line is 10 characters
"too long", the display will make it appear as if there are 10 lines
of whitespace.

To troubleshoot the problem, I have tried different versions
of: gcc, gdb, ddd, glibc, lesstif, openmotif, fonts, ddd settings,
etc.  I have also failed to find anyone else reporting this problem.

If anyone else has seen this and knows what is wrong, I would
greatly appreciate your input.

Shawn