ddd

Re: Script Language in ddd/gdb

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Script Language in ddd/gdb
Date: 01 Feb 2001 13:12:59 +0100

Hi!

"Scholz Maik (K7/EEM15) *" <address@hidden> writes:

> i am using the ddd debugger in the combination with the gdb
> (language = C).  Is there any debugger inside scripting language
> (tcl, lisp, ...?).  I want to read out some memory out of our target
> and interpret them in ddd.
>
> Is there any possibilities?

Alas, no.  DDD is not user-programmable.  You'd need to extend its C++
source code, which is a non-trivial task.

However, you can export the GDB command interface to the controlling
tty, using `ddd --tty'; you can then easily send GDB commands and
parse the output, using a programming language of your choice.

For instance, I have written a simple Python class which talks to GDB
in order to read program memory; this class might as well talk to `ddd
--tty' instead.  For more details on `--tty', see the DDD manual.

Andreas

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/