ddd

Re: DDD for Remote server

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: DDD for Remote server
Date: 06 Feb 2001 09:28:10 +0100

Hi!

"Kirk Murrin" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm interested in using DDD with a remote debugger.  What do I have
> to have installed on the target machine besides the remote server
> like gdbserver?

Honestly, I don't know.  You can have the debugged program, GDB, and
DDD all run on different machines:

* Running GDB on another machine than DDD is pretty simple; DDD simply
  invokes GDB remotely via rsh or ssh.  The DDD manual has a section
  on `Remote debugging'.

* Running the debuggee on another machine than GDB requires to install a
  debugging stub on the debuggee.  The GDB manual has details on this, but
  I have no experience with this setting.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--