ddd

DDD external target support?

From: Martin Filtenborg
Subject: DDD external target support?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:41:42 +0100

Scenrio:
Evaluation board with Motorola mcore-processor, onboard monitor (picobug)
capable of interfacing to GDB
Serial connection to (Intel x86-based) pc running Linux  & GDB
Complete sources to GDB, GCC, assembler, linker etc. for mcore target
Software needing debug.

What I want is to *include* DDD in this toolchain.

Snooping around in config.sub and similar places, I find that DDD can be
compiled to run on various host-processors.
What I cannot deduce, is what it takes to make DDD interface to a given
*target*...

Merely a version of GDB made for that target? Naaah, i don't believe so.
Then *what*?

Thanx in advance :)

Martin Filtenborg

Facts:
Target board Motorola MMCEVB2107, containing MMC2107 cpu, RAM , Flash & various
IO incl. RS232.
GNU tools as found on http://www.motorola.com/SPS/MCORE/tools_gnu.htm
RS232 line & pc to go with it ;)
Mandrake 7.2