ddd

Re: Dumping memory

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Dumping memory
Date: 12 Feb 2001 12:59:24 +0100

Hi!

"Joshua Schwartz" <address@hidden> writes:

>   I wish to dump vast swaths (1 Meg or more) of memory to a file in hex
> .... ASCII format. Does ddd
> have this ability?

DDD is just a front-end to GDB.  Using GDB, you can dump large amounts
of memory to standard output, using the `x' command (or `Examine Data'
from the DDD menu); if you use GDB with DDD, these are logged in
`~/.ddd/log', too.

> Also can ddd search memory for specific patterns of data?

DDD cannot search memory because GDB cannot (well, as far as I know).

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/