ddd

Re: double click in source window doesn't work [ddd-3.3, solaris8, CDE-1

From: Philippe GIACINTI
Subject: Re: double click in source window doesn't work [ddd-3.3, solaris8, CDE-1.4]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:10:37 +0100

on February 14 2001 Andreas Zeller <address@hidden> wrote:
 > Hi!

 > Try the line
 >
 > ! Enable DDD selections in the CDE window manager.
 > Ddd*enableBtn1Transfer: False
 >
 > in your ~/.ddd/init or ~/.Xdefaults file and tell me if any of these work.
 >
 > Best wishes,
 >
 > Andreas

Hello again,

Ok ! It seems to be working now ...

Anyway, I couldn't let it work in setting this line in ~/.ddd/init or
~/.Xdefaults, because it seems that the `enableBtn1Transfer' resource is
globally overridden in the database (a `xrdb -query' shows actually the
line "*enableBtn1Transfer: button2_transfer").

To let it work correctly I had to force the resource on the command line
with something like: ddd -xrm "*enableBtn1Transfer: False" ...
The second solution was to use the environment variable
XUSERFILESEARCHPATH and to create a resource file Ddd containing the
previous line.

I currently don't understand why so general resources (actually there is
also a global "*background: ...") are forced in the database which has a
highest priority than .Xdefaults ... but that's a solaris specific problem.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
--
Philippe Giacinti - Alcatel Business Systems
1, route du Dr Albert Schweitzer - 67408 Illkirch Cedex - FRANCE