ddd

Error in following pointers

From: Christoph Koegl
Subject: Error in following pointers
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:59:25 +0100

Hi.

I have a data display of a struct that contains a char-array of fixed length
followed by a pointer. Attempting to double-click on the pointer in order to
pop up a further display results in an error, since the data member labels in
the box look like this:

letter                           = 2 '\002'
inverse                          = "*"
`\000` <repeats 510 times>, next = 0x2d8878

but rather should look like this:

letter  = 2 '\002'
inverse = "*" '\000' <repeats 510 times>
next    = 0x2d8878

Double-clicking on the second line in the original display results in the
following error message (you know what is coming ;-) ):

A parse error in expression, near ` <repeats 510 times>, next)'.

This error (I am using DDD 3.2, didn't try 3.3) should be easy to fix, just
change the line breaking in data displays accordingly.

Cheers, Christoph