ddd

Re: assembly code display (intel vs att format)

From: Tony Wetmore
Subject: Re: assembly code display (intel vs att format)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:21:41 -0500

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> In case GDB standalone runs fine, do you have a ~/.ddd/log file
> available?  That one lists all the communication between GDB and DDD.

Andreas,

In looking at the ~/.ddd/log file, I think I see the problem.  When I start
DDD, I have the Disassembly window on by default, so DDD/gdb immediately
disassembles the code for main().

Unfortunately, this is done BEFORE most of the GDB Settings commands are issued
to the inferior gdb debugger session!  So gdb is using its own defaults at that
point, thus the AT&T style disassembly.

If you would still like to see the log file, I would be more than happy to send
one to you directly.  However, I don't think the mailing list would appreciate
it! :)

For now I have put the "set disassembly-flavor intel" command in my ~/.gdbinit
file in addition to setting it within DDD.  Naturally, that allows the
disassembly to work as expected, since this causes GDB to default to Intel
syntax.

Thanks very much for your help!

--
Tony Wetmore