ddd

(no subject)

From: Hardy
Subject: (no subject)
Date: 3 Sep 2002 08:18:33 -0000

Hi Everybody,
1.Can I contribute code to DDD?.
2.I am writing a memory window for DDD. I am thru with reasonable amount of work, just few hicupps. 3.Memory window works in a way similar to M$ VC windows only that instead of displaying continuous memory on either side it displays a configurable chunk of memory against the requested address expression.I have designed my implementation so that it can easily be extended to having simultaneous/multiple windows.
Editing in memory window should reflect elsewhere in display.
4.I have also added a patch so that now whenever registers change they are highlighted in bold and hence made obvious to the developer debugging the program.
The issues i am facing are.
a) Tab inside window is first handled by DDD app and if tab completion is on in DDD prefs(All windows) it tries to do processign on its own which i do not want.I can i get around with it. b)I invoke memory update callbacks when the user loses focus of window.The motif callback is not called when my focus type is set to 'Point TO' again in GDB prefs. Hence when i have 'Point to' selected I can not update the memory on change of focus.Updating memory on each change to window might turn out to be a little expensive and also against the like of user.Can someone help me with this. c)I would like the changed memory to be highlighted/color changed but simple text widget has no provision for different colors/styles inside it. Can i get rid of this limitation?.

Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/