ddd

DDD v. 3.3

From: Bernd Speiser
Subject: DDD v. 3.3
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:17:23 +0100

Hi,
I have installed DDD v 3.3 on a SuSE Linux 7.3 machine. When I
start ddd and open a program, I get an error message

Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.

When I try to run the program, this is repeated several times together
with some additional messages:

(gdb) run
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
(no debugging symbols found)...Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...Error while
reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
Error while reading shared library symbols:
Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_strp in DWARF reader.
0

Program exited normally.

I do not find any indication of such an error in the mailing lists for
ddd. So, what can I do?
I appreciate any help.
Bernd Speiser
Bernd Speiser
Institut f"ur Organische Chemie
Auf der Morgenstelle 18
D-72076 T"ubingen
Germany
phone: +49-7071-2976205 (office) +49-7071-2976242 (laboratory)
fax:   +49-7071-295518 (new!)
e-mail: address@hidden
Internet: http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/speiser