ddd

DDD configure breaks on solaris 8

From: Melissa Terwilliger
Subject: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:21:04 -0400

I'm trying to install DDD on a Solaris 8 machine and I get this error:

checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
                  Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
                  and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
                  See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                  for further diagnostics.
configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd

I believe the files its looking for are in /usr/openwin/include and
/usr/openwin/lib but when I try to run the configure with the configure
options included I get the same failure.  I've also tried specifying the
--x-includes=/usr/include and --x-libraries=/usr/lib

I have attempted installing DDD 3.3.1 and 3.2.1 incase it was a problem due
to version.  I noticed in the archive search of this mailing group others
having the same issue on Solaris but I did not see any answers on how to fix
it.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix it or what files are specifically being
looked for so I can make sure I'm using the correct directories.

Melissa Terwilliger
Space Physics Research Lab
AOSS Support
address@hidden

--'The Geek shall inherit the earth.' -- Linus 5:5