ddd

Options don't stick

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: Options don't stick
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:00:10 +0100

Dear Andrew/ Arnaud/ Everyone else:

Is the DDD list still active or has discussion moved to another forum? The archives look like just spam without any DDD discussion...
I've been working on experiments for the last year but now back to some computational and comp-admin work, with a new system. However, we find that when a user changes his DDD font size in the preferences dialog, then quits with 'save options' selected, and restarts, it does not persist. Likewise editing the .ddd/init file does not persist once DDD is started then exited, it goes back to size 0 for some reason

I have tried with and without the app-defaults/Ddd file , and as various user accounts. I tried editing the .ddd/init file (without DDD running)

 I have at least one user who has reason to prefer larger size font for this application

This does not happen on the ohter system.

I suspected some problem in the default installation of DDD (Suse-9.1 DDD 3.3.8 ) so I removed it and installed DDD-3.3.11 from Sourceforge. Same behaviour. I have DDD from CVS on the other system , so I tried buildign that on this one, but it fails. I'll send a separate message about that if I haven't solved it soon but I hope that the font problem is not dependent on having the CVS head version and that it is easily fixed by some simple configuration. Unfortnately, something seems to be wrong with the DDD list archive search engine and it returns wrong titles so i have not been able to find a previous answer to this problem.

DDD 3.3.11 from source
GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (from SuSE)
Openmotif  (from Suse ) 2.2.2-519.4

Thanks