ddd

Re: ddd.exe fails silently on Cygwin

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: ddd.exe fails silently on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:01:47 +0200

2008/3/4 <address@hidden>:
Hello ,
          I have a cygwin (1.5.25) install on windows XP and am able to successfully run gdb (6.7.1) (after building it seperately from the sources) . I managed to get  ddd (3.3.11) built after struggling with the various X libraries required. It is not installed into cygwin though (make install seems to fail). However gdb seems to run fine if i update the PATH environment to point to my gdb build (also not installed into cygwin) .

I find that dd.exe fails silently even after I run "startx &" successfully on my machine . Am i missing something or is this a known issue ?  I could not find ~/.ddd on my machine. I am a newbie so please let me know if i need to attach any more information .

Best,
Raghavan

First question: do other X apps run?
Second question: what  messages are shown in the ddd logfile?

Andrew