ddd

ddd segmentation fault but gdb not

From: XueBrian
Subject: ddd segmentation fault but gdb not
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:05:34 +0800

Hi ,

I'm trying to debug a simple c program using ddd, both ddd and gdb reports the following warning after 'start' command is executed:

Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install glibc-2.12-1.47.el6_2.9.x86_64

It complains that glibc debuginfo can not be found, but it's ok for me, because I don't want to debug glibc library.

By using DDD, after glibc library is loaded, I try to set a break point for function named 'test_func' by typing 'b test<TAB>' , when I hit <TAB> to auto-complete,  DDD will crash and report the following info:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Missing separate debuginfo for
Try: yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo='*-debuginfo' install /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/d9/6ddfdd5a5df6c909e32674dd0d0bf9fb8e9c1e

but gdb works fine for 'b test<TAB>'.

Can anyone help ? Is there any way to disable this "missing separate debuginfo" error ? I don't want to install debuginfo at this time.

Thanks,
Brian