debian-sf-devel

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS and windows developers.

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS and windows developers.
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:36:31 +0100

Tim Uckun wrote:

> Here is my quandry.
>
> i would like to make sourceforge available to all the programmers including
> ones that use windows. Right now pserver will only authenticate against
> /etc/passwd. This is fine if all you want to do is checkout the code but if
> you want to update the code you need to use
> -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot method. Of course that uses ssh.

They have but it's not easy to configure
You can find all kind of good guide at http://cvsgui.org/
Even there are integration in Visual, but I never tested and would like
to now if
it's well done.
I was told good things about TortoiseCVS

> What do windows developers do?  poor guys don't have cvs, don't have ssh,
> all they have are visual studio.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated. I did consider sending them a linux box but
> I doubt they would know what to do with it.

There is a patch in the Debian BTS to allow pserver rw
And i will implement this as soon as we have completed migration to 2.6
I plan to allow pserver rw on a project basis
Every project should be able to choose ssh/pserver/no anonymous/possibly
rsh

Fill free to send a patch for 2.6

There are also some guide in original sourceforge site but they need to
be rewritten
You can find this in our CVS at

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/~checkout~/debian-sf/sourceforge/db/sfdocs.sql?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/plain