debian-sf-devel

[Debian-sf-devel] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:41:44 +0100

A new pre-release of 2.6 beta version is available on my site

http://christian.bayle.free.fr/

This is supposed to correct ldap stuffs
You will need last slapd and libnss-ldap from sid
I recommend you to purge slapd (apt-get remove --purge slapd)
And to take care when asked for domain in slapd, to fill with your FQDN
( not the default, that is your domain name)
Answer with default answers for other questions should be OK

Nevertheless there are still some buggy stuffs (TODO List):
-Wrong CVS user id not yet corrected (probably something to change in
newparse.pl)
-Ldap empty leaves some sourceforge stuff in ldap db (Workaround:
/usr/lib/sourceforge/install-ldap.sh reset)
-We don't check that mcrypt module is loaded in php4.ini (Workaround
do-it-yourself :-)
-libmcrypt4 former to 2.4.22-2 require libmcrypt-dev (I should fix
dependency)
-upgrade from 2.5 miss some tables (On the way to be done)

Some corrected stuffs:
-Broken CVSWeb corrected
-LDAP works (I really hope)

Working on:
-Finish smooth upgrade

This is not fully tested version, so send your install report here,
and tell us what bug you can observe. Send patch if possible

Thank you for your collaboration

--
Christian Bayle
E-mail: address@hidden