debian-sf-devel

[Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #121] too many open file

From: noreply
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #121] too many open file
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:49:59 -0400

=================== Bug #121: Full Bug Snapshot ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=121&group_id=259

Submitted by: ksoonson                  Project: Sourceforge for Debian
Submitted on: 2002-Apr-25 10:49
Category:  None                         Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                      Status:  Open

Original Submission:  When running debian-sf on my woody box, I frequently get
"too many open file" error message from kernel which causes "Sourceforge Could
Not Connect to Database: " error or file inclusion error because it reached the
maximum open file limit.

I suspect that postgres does not release its file descriptor (socket
descriptor?) on time. By running "ps aux | grep postgres", I found that over 65
process as below are consuming open file descriptor.

postgres 27695  0.0  0.3  9268 3872 ?    S    10:16   0:00 postgres:
sourceforge sourceforge 192.168.245.21 idle

This happens on a low-traffic machine (1 user system).

Not sure if this is due to debian-sf or postgresql, but I think worth
investigating on. I will keep digging into this...if anyone had the similar
situation, please add comment here...

Thanks very much.

No Followups Have Been Posted

For detailed info, follow this link: